About our Sponsorships
For 170 Old Mutual has contributed to social development in South Africa by investing in local initiatives. The knowledge and experience gained from partnering with community groups and organisations on some of South Africa’s leading events has resulted in wisdom, and wisdom shared inspires others to do great things.
The events we support are diverse and range from road running, golf, music and wine, but the common denominator is that they help to build the rich cultural tapestry of our nation. Our sponsorships serve to stimulate growth and national cohesion, while strengthening Old Mutual’s brand and relationships with stakeholders.
Old Mutual also has corporate social investment initiatives and this where the Old Mutual Foundation was born in 1999. The focus areas of the Old Mutual Foundation areas are Enterprise Development, Skills Capacity Building, Staff Volunteerism and Education.
Old Mutual does not consider or participate in sponsorships involving:
- religious groups, political parties and related activities
- blood sports or gambling (boxing, horseracing, etc)
- environmentally unfriendly activities
- groups, teams, clubs and individuals
- once-off unsustainable activities or events
- events or activities that are exclusionary on the basis of race, religion, gender or disability
- events or activities outside the regions in which we operate
Doing Great Things through our Sponsorships