THUDfest (previously the Festival of Entrepreneurship) is an annual festival hosted during Global Entrepreneurship Week that attracts over 3 000 entrepreneurs, investors, policy-makers and startup champions and stakeholders for an impact driven program that highlights the African entrepreneurship agenda.
THUDfest consists of elevator pitch clinics, TED style talks, elevator pitches, tech hackathons, on-site funding sessions with investors; on-site business compliance readiness and great cocktail after-parties.
THUDFest takes places between 15 and 20 November 2015, at Constitution Hill in Johannesburg.
Tickets are available online.
Old Mutual at THUDFest
The Old Mutual Foundation will present at THUDFest at 10:00 on 16 November 2015. Don’t miss our presentation at 10:00 and the opportunity to engage and network with us.
Join us and be part of Global Entrepreneurship Week in Johannesburg.
More about THUDFest
THUDFest invites organisations to partner with them to highlight their commitment to the development of a sustainable SME market in Africa, and drive the following outcomes:
- Create a pipeline of capacitated, investable SMEs that can engage with the private sector.
- Build South Africa’s premier event for SME investments alongside strategic investment partners.
- Share best practices and insights into SME development through workshops and keynote/panel sessions.
THUDFest 2015, billed aims to reach out to the various stakeholders in the entrepreneurship ecosystem, from startup practitioners to government and private sector with the sole purpose of getting things done at an accelerated pace like:
- Help entrepreneurs to move from informal to formal trade through COMPLIANCE using government agencies (licence to trade assistance);
- Foster a culture of SMEs trading among one another through bartering of services and products and building their COMMUNITY networks;
- Disrupt the procurement process, making it easier for SME’s to access corporate contracts (think HACKATHONS) and
- Help FUND growth-stage entrepreneurs and those with viable ideas through pitch sessions that lead to money in the bank
The programme will see selected entrepreneurs go through a series of investment readiness interventions that will culminate at THUDFest 2015.