How did it all start?
The Masisizane Fund (‘Masisizane’) is an Old Mutual initiative that was established in 2007 following the closure of the Unclaimed Share Schemes Trust in consultation with the National Treasury of South Africa. Masisizane was set up as a non-profit funding company to provide loan financing and support to small, medium and micro enterprises (SMMEs).
Our mandate is to contribute to job creation, reduce inequality, promote economic growth and support, develop and promote entrepreneurship, while attracting investment to SMMEs.
Enable positive change through sustainable enterprise development in our communities.
We strive to contribute measurably to job creation that in turn contributes to poverty eradication in South Africa. This is achieved through enterprise financing, encouraging entrepreneurship and capacity development thereby contributing to the sustainability of micro, small and medium enterprises.
What is important to us?
- Creating jobs, eradicating poverty and reducing inequality
- Contributing to economic growth.
- Bias towards women, youth and disabled.
- Focus on economically under-developed areas: rural, townships and peri-urban areas.
Why should you choose Masisizane?
- Our products are affordable and flexible
- We are customer-focused, will help you grow to your full potential and become sustainable.
Masisizane Celebrates 10 Years of Success
Following 10 years of hard work, job creation, boosting economic growth and achieving other significant goals, the Masisizane Fund awarded the success of their clients, to view the winners click here.