Goodluck, Rubber Duc and Pascal & Pearce to ignite the Durban Botanical Gardens
Old Mutual Music at the Lake brings you Saturday Night LIVE with performances by Good Luck, Rubber Duc as well as Pascal & Pearce at Durban’s Botanical Gardens on Saturday, 15 October 2016.
With successful tours across Africa, Europe and the UK under their belt, Goodluck, one of South Africa’s favourite bands, have been captivating audiences with their blend of electronica, pop and subtle jazz, coupled with their electrifying stage presence and Juliet’s enchanting vocals.
The DJ Duo behind Pascal & Pearce, Dave Pearce and Pascal Ellinas, are known for their energy and enthusiasm. Their sound can be described as techno-influenced drum and bass. Apart from their debut album, Password, Pascal & Pearce have done official remixes for South African acts including Zebra & Giraffe, Locnville, GoodLuck and Goldfish. Their song Disko Biskit was a big hit and garnered some international acclaim, including a number of remixes from top house DJs.
Concert-goers can also expect a good time from the fun, quirky young musicians behind Rubber Duc – a tremendously talented four piece band made up of Brendan Campbell, Sheldon Sham and Nick Jordaan. Using original material, their sound is fun and authentic, with cheerful, catchy melodies and clever lyrics that stick in your mind and get your body moving.
“The bands have shared the stage with the likes of Bassment Jaxx, The Petshop Boys, Bakermat, Goldfish as well as Pharrell Williams – so we’ve truly assembled some of the country’s most sensational young musicians to entertain the people of eThekwini,” says Bandile Mngoma, Old Mutual’s sponsorship manager.
“They are all progressive, dynamic and exciting in their musical approach – and we love the way their spirit reflects Old Mutual’s own quest to inspire and enable positive futures and empower people to – do great things.”
Tickets are available at www.webtickets.com
- Ticket prices: Pre-sold tickets are R130 and R150 on the day
- Children aged 8-12 pay R60; kids under 8 are free. All children are welcome at the KidZone for some extra fun and games
- Drinks, cooler boxes and picnic baskets are welcome
- Gates open at 16h00 for pre-sold tickets and at 16h30 for on-the-day ticket sales.
- Show starts at 17h30
- Secure parking is available on the Juventus ground. Entrance to all parking is off lower John Zikhale (Sydenham) Road, adjacent to the Botanical Gardens and the Munies Hockey Field also off lower John Zikhale (Sydenham) Road